Wednesday, December 30, 2020

These models are the last of my American army that I had to paint. They include two trucks, two armored jeeps, a heavy mortar team and General George S. Patton.


I painted the armor using the same color scheme on the rest of my American Army. Here is a link:


My American Tanks


I painted the troops with the following paint scheme:


I primed the models with Vallejo black primer 74-602 and an Iwata Eclipse Airbrush. Then I did a zenithal primer coat with Vallejo Grey primer 74-601 and finally a top down spray with Vallejo Grey primer 74-600.


Puttees and tunics - Vallejo model color German Camo Beige 70.821

Pants -           Vallejo model color US Field Drab 70.873

Helmet and other equipment - Vallejo model color US Dark Green 70.893

Shoes and holsters - Vallejo model color Mahogany Brown 70.846

Skin - Vallejo model color Beige Red 70.804

Belts and straps - Vallejo model color Leather Brown 70.871

Base - 50/50 Vallejo model color Leather Brown 70.871 and                                        Vallejo model color Black 70.950

Guns - Vallejo Game color Gunmetal 72.054

Sandbags - 50/50 Vallejo model color Leather Brown 70.871                                                         and Vallejo model color German Camo Beige 70.821


After base coating I used a 50/50 mix of Games Workshop Seraphim Sepia and Lahmian Medium on everything except for the gun metal parts.


Then I drybrushed some of the surfaces with the original basecoat colors and drybrushed the bases with Vallejo model color German Camo Beige 70.821


I then washed every model with Future floor polish, waited a day and sprayed every model with Testor's Dullcote.















































No comments:

Post a Comment